Friday, March 18, 2011

Stress? Run!

I do not drink but 2 beers a week. I do not get massage. I do not relax for alone time. I RUN.

When a day goes sideways or unfortunate news weighs on my mind, running is my balance. It did not matter that today was a day off or a slow recovery run in preparation for a long speed workout tomorrow. I went out, hit the pavement and tried to light up the soles of my shoes.

Pass through a few stop lights that always seem to disjoint a run, no bother today, my mind was in the OFF position. As I enter the park. Beep. Garmin tells my the first mile wasn't too slow. I pick up my pace. Beep. Second mile was faster. Beep. Third mile I hit my rhythm. Beep. Not sure if anything is going to stop my terror around City Park. Back home, I felt great. A little bit of a lift off my mind. 8 miles in 53 minutes and a gigantic moment of Zen.

2 comments:

  1. I love the sound of my Garmin after each mile. I'm not so thrilled when the guy next to me yells, "time!". Get your own watch, what am I? Your coach?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a 19 mile week in so far. I may try for 6-8 more today or tomorrow. The weather is going to be in the mid 40s, thinking of going for a ride instead.

    ReplyDelete