Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Leadville Time - Big Weekend

It is time to test my metal in Leadville, CO; elevation 10,152 feet. The Silver Rush 50 Mtn Bike Race and the Silver Rush 50 Trail run = Silver King Epic Challenge. I am nervous, anxious, excited and a little scared for my weekend of fun in Leadville. My training for the last several months has been good, but not great. The visions of long runs and long bike sessions are hampered by the reality of what is more important in life, family, and how well my body can hold up with 20+ hours of fitness for months on end. I had unbelievable support from my wife Nicole and my boys Rocco and Sawyer.



I had great training sessions with my neighbor Heath. Who despite my best attempts is still alive after all the huge trail runs and uphill bike riding. Great work Heath, you should be racing this weekend too.

My body feels like it is ready to go. Thanks to 2 days off of running to heal the Extensor Digitorum Longus (tendon on the top of my right foot) and New Skin antiseptic liquid bandage for sealing the side of foot back up. All to be expected...and the timing is right on for race time. Thanks to everyone else for the help and I look forward to writing my race report to let everyone know how it goes. Bigger things to come!

2 comments:

  1. You're going to kill it! You've done the training and are as strong as I've seen you. Good luck...the girls and I will be there!

    P.S. - maybe I'll join you next year! (at least for the run)

    ReplyDelete