Friday, June 24, 2011

Hard Work

Rarely will unbelievable fortune land directly in your lap, set you up for life and make all your wildest dreams come true. Sure, there will be times when a break goes your way and you may reach a goal without much work. In retrospect, this easily attained reward may not be quite as satisfying as the one you have to scratch and claw towards. Set amazing goals, work your ass off, climb mountains and persevere. How else will you reach your promise land?

I feel as if I have set my 2011 goals and am working my ass off, climbing mountains. But this perseverance thing gets old when your fighting corner is suddenly empty. Lately, it feels like the scratching and clawing are not bringing me closer; two amazing steps forward are met with a pretty substantial step back. Life is fluid, adjusting constantly and fitness does not always line up into a cookie cutter training program. Today begins another great jump ahead for my fitness and I need to draw strength from my surroundings.

Let me know what goal you are struggling with. We have all been there. Do you need a kick in the backside to sign up for a half, a full or a TRI? Are you about to bale on a race because it is too hard and you don't feel like you can juggle it all? NO EXCUSES, life is too short and precious to doubt yourself. All it takes is a little hard work.

2 comments:

  1. Love it Joe! No EXCUSES!!! Did a lake swim last night in 68 degree lake water. It was FREEZING, but I'm so glad I have the experience going into the TRI. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There were so many reasons I didn't need to be up in Laramie, WY this weekend; racing up near 11,000 feet in a 90mile road race today and a crit and Time Trial tomorrow. ...but now that I am here having a blast challenging myself, I understand the reason I am here.

    ReplyDelete