Thursday, April 28, 2011

Pave Your Road

Each and every day I run.  While running, I move forward with an amazing passion for something I truly believe in. Not solely my belief in the art or Running, but the art of Motivating and Inspiring. As much enjoyment as I receive from racing and in turn hearing people comment about my current level of insanity, that is not what sets me apart.  There are plenty of other athletes who run further and faster than I ever will.  I seek to set myself apart by the fact that my path and journey are not extraordinary, but ordinary.  So simple, yet so rewarding.

Endurance sports are so important to me and can provide an amazing level of self awareness and personal achievement for anyone.  Without even touching on the vast health benefits of exercise, the personal gains of increasing your heart rate and nurturing your competitive side are unparalleled. The world of running, biking and multi-sport are growing leaps and bounds annually. Individuals are finding their souls within the demands of juggling life and sport.  Excelling not only at the finish line, but in their hearts. Knowing they set a goal, worked their asses off for months and achieved personal greatness.  If you have an opportunity to watch a marathon or summer triathlon, you will witness competitors of all ages challenging themselves and paving their way. Now stop watching and start doing.

 I constantly challenge myself to help others choose the road less traveled, find a dream and create their own path to greatness. Summer is right around the corner, register and set your goals now.  Is it finally signing up for an event, setting a new personal record at the Memorial Day 5k, whopping up on a neighbor at a July Triathlon or exploring nature on a weekly trail run series?  It doesn't matter, spend time outdoors, be social through sport and your path for life will start forming in front of you.  I guarantee that the energy you expend while increasing your physical endurance will also increase your energy in all other aspects of life.


"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will."
~Vincent T. Lombardi

No comments:

Post a Comment